Monday, July 27, 2009

Back to life


We are officially back into the swing of things here in the desert. The wedding was beautiful, and EXHAUSTING. But watching Kristen and Chris so in love and having the time of their lives together and being a part of it all was so worth the work. I'll put up some wedding pictures when I get some. I couldn't exactly manage to take pictures while juggling my baby girl and my matron of honor duties.

Kristen was absolutely stunning. The rehearsal dinner at Wisteria downtown was a blast. It was so nice to have some time with Mark after all that time apart. And man did he look handsome! I love this picture my aunt took of us outside of Wisteria. How I got through the night in those heels I still can't figure out. I will say, it was not very graceful. I felt like a Goodyear blimp in stilettos. My toast that night to the happy couple was nothing like what it was supposed to be. Strange things kept coming out of my mouth. I think I said something about not being a "toaster" and how I "don't even like toast much." Well, give me the floor when I am nervous and I just start making stupid jokes. I just hope Kristen and Chris heard a small fraction of what was on my heart, which was how overwhelmingly happy I am for them.

The trip to GA was slightly surreal. I'll say it had me and Mark into another bout of really wanting to live there again. The weather was so inviting and it was just amazing to see our old dear friends like Toby and Angie with their little boy, Patrick. Here's a picture of the little cutie bug. He just turned one, and I was SO lucky to have been in town for his birthday party. His mommy and daddy threw a heck of a party. Nora and I had a blast--even though she was WELL overdue for a nap. He and Nora has several "dates" at the pool and playground while we were in town. We miss them so much.

Another great memory from the trip was Nora's first taste of chocolate. Mind you the timing was not of my choosing. My dad and I were in the kitchen working on wedding stuff of course when I noticed Nora had gotten awfully quiet in the next room over. My dad went to check and found her completely covered in chocolate. She had found a low-lying dish of wrapped truffles for the wedding. She was eating her fourth when he brought her into the kitchen to me. OH MY GOSH, I had to get some pictures. It was hilarious. Th poor thing got so nervous because we were laughing at her for so long and taking pictures that she started crying. Here's a few we took...showing the progression...
Is it bad for a mommy to think a picture of her baby crying is hilarious? Oh well...It cracks me up.

So now back to life here in Arizona. Mark and I are celebrating our 3rd wedding anniversary this week. We went out Saturday while his folks watched Nora, though it's actually the 29th of July, which is this wednesday. But of course he works until 8 and I have to go to vocal rehearsal anyway that night at church. Saturday was very nice. we went to Gordon Biersch and sat under the misters on the patio, looking out over Mill Avenue then we walked a bit till my ankles started to swell (UGH) then we got frozen yogurt and went home before ten. That's about as romantic as it can get anymore. Although after his folks left he gave me my anniversary gift...for the second time ever, he wrote me an AMAZING song. I love it. No one can hear it yet. Just me. That's cuz it's my song and I can do that. It's so good. You're gonna love it one day when you hear it. The guy is good. Here's a picture of us out on Mill Ave...


Here's a cute shot of Mark playing guitar with Nora climbing all over him. We got a cute family. I like these two...



Until next time...

No comments:

Post a Comment