Monday, July 6, 2009

Just another day in the ATL

Hello friends...I just put Nora down for bed an hour earlier than she has been going down as of late. A whopping 8 o'clock! I think she is enjoying her stay here in Woodstock. My dad and I took Nora and the dogs for a good three mile walk. Wow! I forget how tough it is to climb all those hills. And last time I was here doing that regularly, there were no babies involved and I was in MUCH better shape. It did feel good tho to kick my own butt a little and sweat.

Well, last night my dad and I were driving through the neighborhood running an errand, and we noticed a toy ride-on car sitting in a drive way on the curb for the garbage men. Ya know the big yellow and red plastic kind you drive around with your feet pushing you along like the flinstones? It looked like it was in perfect shape so we stopped the car and snatched it right up. No, I'm not above dumpster diving! We have no shame I suppose. Oh well. We cleaned the thing up and wow, Nora LOVES it. It's in perfect condition! I don't know why someone would want to throw suck a thing away. We got some good pictures, shown below...

trying to honk the horn...

I am missing Mark so much and I know Nora is too, but she definitely has found a strong attatchment to her Grandpa since she's been here. She is always running to him and pulling on his shorts to pick her up. It's cute. Maybe she is just looking for a daddy figure. Maybe he'sjust really good with her. I think he is. And Grandma has been giving her baths every night. I hear the two of them laughing up a storm and squealing every night before bed time. She is a happy girl. She has even been playing around with her Aunt Kristen and soon-to-be "Uncle Chris". I think Chris's bald head throws her off a little, but she's started to warm up to him. She has a blast with Kristen though, who is just plain good with kids. Here are some more pics...
Bonding with Grandma...
asking Grandpa to read to her...Aunt Kristen's lap...And considering playing ball with Uncle Chris...And then there's Cousin Bear...

Y'all come back now, ya hear!

1 comment: